Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, June 10, 2012

The Angry Bird Story

Finally managed to put together 2 new art work. The first is this heart-shape mirror. It looks like a hole in the middle because I put a piece of white paper opposite it. If not it will capture my room which is in such a messy state.

I bought the originally wooden colour heart shape mirror from Art Friend. Using the Pentel poster paint, I painted the frame in dark blue and grass green. I love painting on wood! The colour appeared so even and silky smooth. The only concern one might have is, isn't this not waterproof then? What if you spill water on top?

In the past, I used the nail transparent top coat to waterproof my art work. BUT, that's obviously too expensive if my art work is big. Furthermore, using that small nail brush is way too tedious.

So then, I recently bought a bottle of satin spray that could waterproof my art work. It will create a layer of lacquer and can be used on wood or metal.

The little house which angry bird stays in is made of fat ice cream sticks. I painted them in red, yellow and black (the colours of the Germany flag) because I love Deutsch!! hahaha

The angry bird story is actually pretty simple to narrate from this picture. The pig has stolen the eggs from angry bird and so angry bird is going to take revenge. The angry bird is not stuck in its house, so it could potentially fly out and go missing.


My 2nd piece of work is this flower pot/ pencil holder/ container looking object. I really love the colour navy blue. Somehow, it tends to look smoother on wood than any other colours. This is meant to be a birthday present for my friend. I don't think she knows I have a blog... so it's still going to be a little surprise. 

My mom says it looks like a flower pot. My mom loves gardening. Unfortunately, in such a pragmatic society, a gardening job is unlikely to raise 4 children for you. She hopes to do it as a hobby in future. When that comes, I can make little flower pots for her and she can plant her flowers inside to be given as gifts for friends! 

I'm glad I revived this hobby of mine. I really enjoy doing art. Not those super artistic painting kind, but art work like all these. 





On a more serious note, I went to see a doctor yesterday night again because the previous set of medications seems to be taking NO EFFECT at all. I was still running high fever every now and then, coughing like mad and my throat was horrendously painful. The new doctor said the medicine prescribed is prob too mild. He prescribed me stronger medicine and one night is all it takes for it to show significant improvement. That was the 1st night I slept without waking up in a pool of heat. My throat was much less swollen. Though I am still coughing mad, at least I'm now alive on Earth. 





No comments:

Post a Comment