Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Post Lasik Experience

Well well well, it has been 1 month since I did my lasik! Now, it felt as if I have not even gone for the operation. Except for the fact that a miracle happened and I can see perfectly clear now~

Have been procrastinating a lot about what one should take note of after doing lasik. It is very impt to keep reminding yourself you just had your lasik done, and avoid doing certain things. About 1 week after I did my lasik, I can feel myself lowering my guard down. Thankfully, I became more alert when I wanted to rub my eyes. Which of course did not happen because rubbing your eyes is the No. 1 NO NO!

1. Do not EVER rub your eyes within that 1 month. Doc says you can rub your eye as hard as you want after 1 month, but I don't think you want to try that. Actually rubbing your eyes is a very bad habit. Yes, it does relieve some itch when you rub your eyes, but after rubbing, your eyes will feel red and sore. Worse than how it felt originally. Now that I have successfully kicked off the bad habit of rubbing, I never want to go back into it again.

soft band and cushioned eye googles - comfortable for sleeping

Doc provided a sleeping google for me to prevent me from rubbing my eyes while sleeping. Got to wear it for the 1st week. Some people might ask, how does it prevent you? You can just take off your googles unconsciously and start rubbing your eyes while sleeping right? Yes, that is true. If your hands are so bent on rubbing your eyes, there's nothing we can do other than tying your hands up while sleeping. No kidding! I know some people actually do that. If you rub your eyes, you might get microfolds. Your vision will be blur and the doc has to IRON your flap for you again. Scary huh. Better not rub then!

2. Stay away from dirty places like BBQ (dirt, ashes). I was asking the doctor if the heat from BBQ will melt my flap away, that's why should avoid BBQ. But he said, it's more of the ash getting into your eye that is of concern.

3. Do not go swimming, sauna, steambath. These are places whereby you can get infection easily. You don't know how "clean" these places are.

4. Drip your eyedrops diligently. Sometimes it may not feel dry, but it actually is. If your eyes are not moisturized enough, it will affect the healing process.

5. For the first few weeks, I experienced halos at night. The traffic light has a big glow ring surrounding it. I know even for normal people you'll see a halo around it, but the halos I saw didn't look that the normal ones I usually see. Maybe it's just a psychological effect. Now the halos for me have disappeared! The doctor says for most patients the halos will disappear after 1 month.

6. Dripping the 2 types of eyedrops given can be a little stinging at times. But as time pass, it becomes less stinging and you don't feel much anymore. Becomes just a daily habit.

More or less, just be nice to your eyes. Don't do strange things and everything will be ok.
Of course don't be so suay as to get an eye infection! Some things can't be helped. A general guide is to have a healthy and strong immune system. Don't overwork yourself, eat more fruits, and rest a lot!




3 comments:

  1. Hi, may I ask if do you experience any side effects till today?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, thanks for dropping by. Thankfully my side effects have disappeared. :) However, I do hear of some friends still experiencing some side effects even after 1 year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality. This is very nice one and gives indepth information. Thanks for this nice article. https://yaldoeyecenter.com/

    ReplyDelete